Explore » Curriculum | Online Model | Support | How to Apply | Schedule & Dates | FAQs
Online Coding Boot Camp in Los Angeles
Learn to Code and Become a Web Developer in 12 or 24 Weeks
In today’s age of technology, coding and logic-based skills are becoming increasingly in-demand across job markets. At the Coding Boot Camp at UCLA Extension, our online Full Stack Flex web coding classes teach you the key skills for front end and back end web development, all while preparing you for success in the professional world.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by joining together with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Gain an edge in the field through our wide-ranging career services such as technical interview preparation, resume and social media support, portfolio reviews, job matching, soft skills training, and more.
- Receive an Award of Completion from UCLA Extension, demonstrating your many achievements.
Whether you choose our 24-week, part-time program or our 12-week, immersive program, you’ll go through a rigorous and rewarding web coding class experience. Through live virtual classes and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development.
Industry-Driven Full-Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full-stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
Get Program Info
Learn How To Code
Front End Fundamentals
Advanced Front End Frameworks
Students gain exposure to cutting edge front end frameworks like React. They also deepen their skillsets by learning regionally relevant technologies.
Server-Side and Database Architectures
Students dive into MySQL and MongoDB databases and the construction of Node/Express servers. By this point, students are able to build advanced full-stack applications.
Data Structures and Algorithms
Students will ground all they’ve learned in the core computer science concepts behind modern programming—maximizing their career readiness.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Innovative Online Model
Our part-time and full-time online coding boot camps equip you with the skills for full stack web development through immersive classes centered on hands-on projects and peer collaboration.
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive real-time support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, and student success and career services teams.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Less than 2 percent of our students report a low level of academic support in our classrooms. The Coding Boot Camp at UCLA Extension’s online part-time and full-time programs offer you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The class environment allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is the Online Coding Boot Camp Right for You?
Our Online Coding Boot Camp was built for a wide range of individuals, with both full-time and part-time schedule options. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
How To Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
The Coding Boot Camp at UCLA Extension offers a 24-week, part-time program and a 12-week, full-time program.
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 10 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
- Full-Time 08/28/23
- Part-Time 08/14/23
- Part-Time 07/31/23
» Product Management Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 07/17/23
The Market for Web Developers in Los Angeles
The need for web developers does not show any signs of slowing down. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job market for web developers and digital designers is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029 — faster than the national average for all occupations. In California, demand for this profession is estimated to increase by 16.7 percent, or 2,700 jobs, between 2018 and 2028.
From developing and implementing websites, applications, and databases to optimizing online performance and server-side processes, developers have numerous responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. At The Coding Boot Camp at UCLA Extension, students who successfully complete the program may be qualified for different roles, including: full stack developer, front end web developer, back end web developer, computer programmer, web designer, QA and test engineer, and much more.
Recently, the Greater Los Angeles and Orange County market jumped eight spots to No. 9 nationally on CBRE Group Inc.’s annual Scoring Tech Talent report — the biggest jump of any market — and claimed the fifth-largest tech talent labor pool nationally. Overall, the region experienced an 18.6 percent increase in tech jobs from 2015 to 2020.
Did you know the demand for these knowledgeable professionals can be found across a wide range of industries — not just technology? Southern California is home to major tech firms in the media and entertainment industries and is predicted to continue attracting more companies due to high demand for streaming services and creative content providers. Some major corporations and startups that already call the area home include Google, Snap Inc., Headspace, Hulu, SpaceX, and Wevr.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our coding boot camp in Los Angeles is being held online. Call us at (310) 955-4093 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
No, applicants do not need to be UCLA students. The Coding Boot Camp is offered through UCLA Extension.
Ready to learn more about The Online Coding Boot Camp? Contact admissions at (310) 955-4093 or fill out the form below.